Remote Learning and COVID-19 Update part 1
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Today the Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews, announced his decision on schools. He stated that schools will only be open for students that cannot learn from home. Daniel Andrews stated that “If you can learn from home you must learn from home”.
Please be assured that we will continue to work closely with you to ensure your child/ren can still be educated. We currently have the following plans in place:
- We will have a small number of staff at school to help teach students that cannot learn from home.
- Work will be available on DBPrimary from Wednesday 15th April
- Teachers will be contactable on DBPrimary from Wednesday 15th April
- A remote learning plan for our school has been developed and will be made publicly available once finalised next week. This will contain a lot more information than this brief email.
- Hard copies of work were distributed in Term 1, sufficient for the first two weeks of Term 2
(If you didn’t receive a pack you can collect one from the office on Wednesday 15th April).
- Our teachers are working hard to create more work packs for students that don’t have access to technology. More information about these, including when and where you can pick them up will be released over the next couple of weeks.
Please ensure that if you can educate your child/ren at home that you do. We only have limited resources and the more people we have at school the more chance there is of contracting and spreading COVID-19.
If you have any questions please call the school on 5996 1142 (from Tuesday 14th April), and we will be happy to help you in any way we can.
Stay safe and healthy,
Acting Assistant Principal